Happy New Year! As we kick off 2017, we are busy here at the College of Graduate and Continuing Studies (CGCS) expanding our online offerings and launching exciting initiatives, all focused on enhancing the opportunities for you to be more involved with us. Based on feedback from alumni at recent events, we are building opportunities for you to enrich your professional knowledge and skills, as well as help us further support our students in meaningful ways. We currently have a number of ways you can stayed involved with the Norwich family, but, as always, seek your input for more opportunities.
- We are expanding here at the College of Graduate and Continuing Studies to include graduate certificates, a one-year MBA option, and more. Check out our new offerings.
- Via our new career planning tool, Acadiate, which is set to roll out to all enrolled students in entirety this summer, we are seeking mentors to help them advance or transition their career. The tool provides the platform for this collaboration. If you want to become a mentor, please contact Shelley Brown at (802) 485-2784.
- Through organizational partnerships, we have expanded our continuing and professional education offerings. We have recently entered a partnership with Federal Publications Seminars and SecureSet Academy.
- Federal Publications Seminars offers a variety of certificates focused on government contracting. Students earning professional certificates from Federal Publications Seminars may be eligible to receive academic credit toward one of our online degree programs.
- SecureSet offers a 20-week intensive cybersecurity technical bootcamp, and students who complete this onground program can earn credits toward Norwich’s online cyber security bachelor’s degree program.
Stay tuned for professional development and training events in government accounting, procurement, and cyber security around the country in the coming year with our partners.
- The Residency Conference has expanded for 2017! Please read more about sessions you may be interested in attending or opportunities for your business to get involved. I welcome our alums to come back to campus for residency and participate in several professional development opportunities planned in conjunction with residency. We have plenty of room on campus and look forward to having you back.
- The Norwich University 2019 development campaign is well underway and will provide important resources for our students through scholarships and new academic space built for wonderful residency and professional development events. Thank you to the many CGCS alumni who have participated in the campaign. I hope you will consider supporting the legacy of Norwich University as we prepare to enter our third century of service to the nation! If you would like to participate click here.
There are also numerous alumni events taking place around the country. On Wednesday, March 22, 2017, I will be in Orlando, FL for an alumni reception. If you are in the area, please plan to join us. The event will be held in conjunction with the Federal Publications Seminars conference at the Embassy Suites Orlando – Lake Buena Vista Resort. Visit the CGCS alumni section of our website for more details as we get closer to the event.
We look forward to the year ahead and hope to hear from you along the way.